All the tournaments of the EPT 2019 must be played by the following concept:
- 16 participating couples / teams
- Saturday: Group phase (4 groups of 4) Sunday: Finals
- Every team plays one game against each opponent in the group
- A team gets 1 point for a victory and 0 points for a defeat
- The first 2 teams of each group pass to the elimination stage A and the 2 other teams pass to the elimination stage B.
- Classification in the groups are determined based on the following criteria:
-If two teams are equal based on the above criteria, the result in their match is decisive
- The matches in the group phase and the elimination phase are played by a best-of-3 (normal tie-break)
The group phase is played on Saturday and the elimination round on Sunday.
|Court 1||A1 – A2||B1 – B2||A1 – A3||B1 – B3||A1 – A4||B1 – B4|
|Court 2||A3 – A4||B3 – B4||A2 – A4||B2 – B4||A2 – A3||B2 – B3|
|Final stage A||10h||12h||13h||Court 1||1A – 2B||Final||Court 2||1B – 2A||3rd /4th place|
|Final stage B||9h||11h|
|Court 1||3A – 4B||5th/6th place|
|Court 2||3B – 4A||7th /8th place|
The system is based on a dynamic ranking as we know in tennis and Padel. In this system both teams can win points, also when a team loses his game. In this way, we give maximum competition and every game become important.
For every game won, the team will recceive 10 points. For a win game, the winner will earn 100 extra points.
- A game in with the result 6-2 3-6 6-4.
- Winning team will gain: 6 + 3 + 6 = 15 points + 100 points for winning thegame
- Losing team will gain: 2 + 6 + 4 = 12 points
The EPT organises 4 official tournaments in 2019. The tournaments take place every two months, starting in June.
- FRENCH OPEN 08-09 JUNE 2019
- ROMANIAN OPEN 31 AUGUST-1 SEPTEMBER 2019
- PORTUGAL OPEN 19-20 OCTOBER 2019
- BELGIUM OPEN 7-8 DECEMBER 2019
In 2020 the European Padbol Tour will try to go to a minimum of 6 tournaments with 6 participating countries and 12 participating teams.