- Hard Work
All the tournaments of the EPT 2019 must be played by the following concept:
- 16 participating couples / teams
- Saturday: Group phase (4 groups of 4) Sunday: Finals
- Every team plays one game against each opponent in the group
- A team gets 1 point for a victory and 0 points for a defeat
- The first 2 teams of each group pass to the elimination stage A and the 2 other teams pass to the elimination stage B.
- Classification in the groups are determined based on the following criteria:
-If two teams are equal based on the above criteria, the result in their match is decisive
- The matches in the group phase and the elimination phase are played by a best-of-3 (normal tie-break)
The group phase is played on Saturday and the elimination round on Sunday.
|Court 1||A1 – A2||B1 – B2||A1 – A3||B1 – B3||A1 – A4||B1 – B4|
|Court 2||A3 – A4||B3 – B4||A2 – A4||B2 – B4||A2 – A3||B2 – B3|
|Final stage A||10h||12h||13h||Court 1||1A – 2B||Final||Court 2||1B – 2A||3rd /4th place|
|Final stage B||9h||11h|
|Court 1||3A – 4B||5th/6th place|
|Court 2||3B – 4A||7th /8th place|
Each player who participates in an EPT-tournament earns points for the official EPT-Ranking. The number of points a player receives is based on the result in a tournament.
After each tournament the overall ranking will be updated. It’s a dynamic ranking that is based on the last 4 official tournaments. After the 4 tournaments the player with the most points wins a trophy and a prize.
The EPT organises 4 official tournaments in 2019. The tournaments take place every two months, starting in June.
- FRENCH OPEN 08-09 JUNE 2019
- ROMANIAN OPEN 31 AUGUST-1 SEPTEMBER 2019
- PORTUGAL OPEN 19-20 OCTOBER 2019
- BELGIUM OPEN 7-8 DECEMBER 2019
In 2020 the European Padbol Tour will try to go to a minimum of 6 tournaments with 6 participating countries and 16 participating teams.
The inscription to the European Padbol Tour can be made just by clubs. The players will be selected after one or more of the club’s competitions.
The European Padbol Tour’s organizers has the right to refuse the inscription of any player with inappropriate behavior or morality, or who affects the values of the sport, the national or international associations/federations and its members, their purposes, strategies and objectives.